Al Boenker Insurance Blog
Apr 26, 2017
Back by popular demand and just in time for summer 2017, it's Al's Texas Tours! Texas is a vast state with lush beautiful landscapes, scenic views, and endless travel opportunities just waiting to be experienced. What better way to usher in the summer season than to plan a weekend getaway on your motorcycle! We've helped you brush off the cobwebs and take the necessary steps to get your bike back into commission and now it's time to put it to some use! We've rounded up the five best motorcycle getaways in the lone star state, enjoy!
Top 5 Motorcycle Vacations in Texas
- Three Sisters Ranch Roads, Medina, TX - Just beyond the outskirts of San Antonio rests a motorcycle route that is consistently hailed as one of the best in the state. This road features beautiful scenery, great road quality and tons of attractions. If you need a break from riding, just stop by the Lost Maples Winery for a drink and rest your weary head at the Lodges At Lost Maples or the FireFox Cabins. Also, if you need to cool off, be sure to stop by the Frio River for a refreshing dip. This route is very limited when it comes to gas stations, so make sure that you have a full take before embarking on this adventure!
- Texas Hill Country Twister, Kerville, TX - This road starts in Kerville and is a straight shot south to Medina, TX, with tons of great sights and attractions along the way. It's only a 38-mile ride, so you'll have plenty of time to experience everything this route has to offer. Visit the biker resort at Koyote Ranch which features antique markets and outdoor biergarten with some of the best views in the State. If you're lucky, you may even get to pass through the Kerrville Folk Festival, which occurs in the late spring/early summer. Nothing like a little music to accompany you during your ride!
- Castolon-Santa Elena Canyon Ride, Big Bend National Park, TX - What better way to take a motorcycle journey than through one of the most famous national parks in the entire country? If you're a big scenery junkie, then this is definitely the route for you. You'll be absorbed in a parade of majestic vistas, dazzling rock formations, and monstrous canyons as far as the eye can see. The only bummer is that this area is very stingy on it's speed limit. You'll most likely be riding around 45 mph the entire time, so if you have a need for speed, you may need to do some adjusting.
- Rio Grande River Road, Alpine, TX - Head down south near the border for a fantastic ride in one of Texas' most beautiful regions. This route will take you through a portion of Big Bend National Park by way of twists, turns, hills and straightaway roads. This is a perfect destination if you're just looking to cruise and see the sights. The Rio Grande River Road doesn't offer many amenities, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the amazing views!
- Possum Kingdom Lake Ride, Gradbury, TX - If you're craving a sense of adventure, then head on out to this great motorcycle route just outside Dallas/Ft. Worth. This route is a great hidden gem that contains great roads that twist and turn as well as some thrilling sights to behold. If you plan on riding this route, it's highly recommended that you spend the night at the campgrounds. This area is a utopia for water sports, fishing, and nature activities. While you're there, make sure you check out the infamous "Hell's Gate" cliff formation in the lake. You can even go cliff diving if you're brave enough!