Can Having Smart Home Features Save You on Your Home Insurance? Does a smart home sound crazy? What if incorporating smart home technology systems in your home could help you save on your home insurance premiums? The capabilities have been around for quite some time, but they are more affordable than ever. You don't have to be a tech wiz to get started integrating technology into your home.Here are a few advances that can get you started in the smart home realm:
- Installing smart smoke and carbon monoxide detectors- if you can imagine being away from your home and getting notified directly on your phone that there is a fire in your home! First responders are notified immediately and hopefully are able to manage the fire before there is massive damage.
- Smart alarm systems offer you the option to see what is going on in and around your home directly from your phone. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth security cameras offer you the ability to detect a burglary or misconduct without being at home. Police are notified immediately and help minimize loss.
- Water monitors are being installed all across new home homes. Water detectors notify you if there is a leak and give you the option to turn off your water from a push of a button. Getting notified early can limit the amount of damage your home receives.
- Climate control thermostats such as Nest, automatically adjust the temperature of your home in real time, saving you money and energy!
- Smart locks are a seamless addition to your home. Forget to lock the door on the way out? Or need to let someone in? The smart doorbell has a camera that shows you who is at your door and gives you the ability to unlock and lock your door right from the palm of your hand.
- Lighting control gives you the ability to turn on and off lights and appliances all over your home. You no longer have to run all around the house before heading out making sure everything is off. I bet you can imagine home much money you can be saving on your electricity.