Al Boenker Insurance Blog - You Won't Believe What's Happening in Home Insurance
Dec 02, 2015
The largest asset most people will ever own is their home, Thanks Al will help make sure your insurance coverage adequately protects that investment. Having insufficient home insurance is very dangerous and can lead to long-term financial hardship that putts unwanted stress on your family. Remember that cheap home insurance is not the same as safe, risk-adverse, affordable home insurance.What is Home Insurance? "A form of property insurance designed to protect an individual's home against damages to the house itself, or to possessions in the home. Also provides liability coverage against accidents in the home or on the property."What components comprise the type of coverage?
- Main structure: Sum of money designated to pay for repairs or replace the home's structure
- Additional structures: Sheds, outbuildings, decks, etc. must be added to the policy to protect from potential loss.
- Contents: Personal belongings inside the home.
- Liability: Damage sustained to another person's property; covered up to state policy limits.
- Loss of use: Home damaged beyond repair requiring family to vacate to another dwelling while repairs are made.